Emory has a small collection of print and digital maps, and offers GIS and mapping services for teaching and research.
Maps and Atlases
Search Library Search to find maps and atlases.
For more information on historic maps available in Rose Library and on the web, please see this research guide and the Stuart A. Rose Manuscript, Archives, and Rare Book Library Historic Map Collection.
ECDS's GIS and Mapping Resources
Emory's Center for Digital Scholarship offers GIS and Mapping services, including consultations with GIS Librarian, Megan Slemons, and Geographer, Michael Page.
Some select ECDS map resources include:
- Atlanta Regional Commission: GIS Data and Maps
- City of Atlanta: Department of Planning and Community Development GIS
- Digital Sanborn Maps, 1867 - 1970
- East View Geospatial LandScan Global Archive
- Georgia GIS Clearinghouse - requires creating a free account
- National Historical Geographic Information System (NHGIS) - requires creating a free account
- SimplyAnalytics (formerly SimplyMap) - Emory Community ONLY
- U.S. Census: TIGER/Line® Shapefiles and TIGER/Line® Files
Some featured ECDS digital map projects include: