What Can You Borrow?
- McNaughton books (popular reading)
- Course Reserves
- Equipment (laptops, cameras, etc)
- Media (Blu-Rays, CDs, DVDs, etc)
- Materials at other libraries and locations
- Other materials (umbrellas, dry erase markers)
Who Can Borrow?
- Emory patrons: faculty, undergraduates, graduates, staff
- Family of Emory faculty, staff, students
- Emory alumni
- Emory Retirees: based upon status prior to retirement
- ARCHE / GETS
- Purchased account
- Visitors (library use only)
Purchasing an Account
Borrowing privileges may be purchased at $75 for six months or $100 for one year. Privileges are not transferrable.
- Checkout period: 28 days
- Borrow limit: 50
- Libraries: Woodruff Library, Pitts Theology Library, Music and Media Library (books and scores only). Does not include the Science Commons.
- Current photo ID is required.
The above loan periods are for most library materials. Some items (bound journals, reserve items, or new books) may have shortened loan periods.
A proxy acts on another person's behalf regarding library materials. Only Emory faculty, teaching graduate students, and persons with disabilities are eligible to register proxies.
Proxies cannot access your Emory personal ID, password, or contact information. Proxy privileges end August 31 of each year.
To submit a proxy request, please complete the online Proxy Request Form. Please have ready the name and employee ID number of the faculty who needs a proxy and the name and student ID number of the student who will be the proxy. If you have any questions, contact Ask a Librarian.
To setup up a proxy Interlibrary Loan account, please contact the ILL department.
How Long Can Items Be Borrowed?