Reference or citation management programs are downloadable software designed specifically for managing bibliographic citations, creating bibliographies, and in-text citations, annotating pdfs, and research notes, and sharing information with others.
Licensed By Emory University
EndNote is a robust database program licensed by the University for current students, staff, and faculty.
- Available for download with Emory NET ID at Emory Software Express
- Additional information, tutorials, and support can be found on our library EndNote Guide
Mendeley is an open source (free) web-based citation manager/organizer that can be used to easily create and share bibliographies with others. App and web-based features allow for easy sharing between devices.
- Users receive 2GB of free storage.
- Download either Mendeley Desktop or create a free cloud account at https://www.mendeley.com.
- Tutorials on using Mendeley are available here.
Zotero is an open source (free) web-based citation manager/organizer that can easily be used with webpages and various document types. Connects well with Google tools like Google Docs, Google Scholar, and Google Books
- Download either Desktop version or register for a free cloud account at https://www.zotero.org/.
- Users receive 300MB of free storage.
- Also available as a browser plug for Firefox, Chrome, or Safari to save references directly from web searchers or
- Tutorials on how to use Zotero are available here.
Online Style Manuals
A list of resource guides for writing for general or academic writing