First, be sure to check Library Search to make sure Emory does not own the item. If you need help determining this, please Ask a Librarian.
Submit up to 5 requests per business day* electronically via the ILLiad interlibrary loan system.
- You must submit a separate request for each item, chapter, or article.
- When prompted, enter your Emory NetID and Password.
- The first time you use ILLiad, you will be prompted to complete a registration form.
- From the Create New Request menu on the top of the page, select the type of request you wish to submit.
- For required fields please include:
- Complete and accurate information about the item requested; please do not use abbreviations.
- Source of your citation, i.e., where information about an item may be verified.
*You may submit more than 5 requests per business day, but the library may limit processing to 5 requests per day. If you submit more than 5 requests at once, please indicate which items are the highest priority so staff can process those items first.
We will notify you by email when your requested material is available.
Rush ILL Requests for Woodruff Library
Rush processing at Woodruff Library can be provided for a limited number of requests in cases of urgent need (but never for required textbooks for classes, as these are ineligible for ILL). If you require ILL materials in less than one week, please do the following:
- Contact ILL staff regarding the feasibility of rush processing for your request prior to or immediately after submitting it.
- Enter **PLEASE RUSH** in the Title field of the request form (before or after the actual title).
- Add an ISBN or OCLC Number -- this will allow the request to be sent automatically to partner libraries even on nights and weekends when the ILL office is closed. If the ISBN and OCLC number are both missing, the request cannot be sent without staff intervention, which could slow it down considerably.
- Do not add anything to the Notes field, since this will slow down the request and require staff intervention.
Please see our Policies and Procedures page for information to learn more about:
- Request cancellations
- Turn-around time for requests
- Accessing electronic documents
- Picking up physical materials
- Loan periods and extensions
- Returns and fines