Submit an ILL Request
Do you need materials from outside the Emory Libraries system? Submit an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) request. Libraries all over the world share their materials with each other via ILL.
First, be sure to check Library Search to make sure Emory does not own the item. If you need help determining this, please Ask a Librarian.
Submit up to 5 requests per business day* electronically via the ILLiad interlibrary loan system.
- You must submit a separate request for each item, chapter, or article.
- When prompted, enter your Emory NetID and Password.
- The first time you use ILLiad, you will be prompted to complete a registration form.
- From the Create New Request menu on the top of the page, select the type of request you wish to submit.
- For required fields please include:
- Complete and accurate information about the item requested; please do not use abbreviations.
- Source of your citation, i.e., where information about an item may be verified.
*You may submit more than 5 requests per business day, but the library may limit processing to 5 requests per day. If you submit more than 5 requests at once, please indicate which items are the highest priority so staff can process those items first.
We will notify you by email when your requested material is available.
Rush processing can be provided for a limited number of requests in cases of urgent need. If you require ILL materials in less than one week, please do the following:
- Contact ILL staff regarding the feasibility of rush processing for your request(s) prior to or immediately after submitting it/them.
- Enter RUSH in the Notes field of the request form.
Please see our Policies and Procedures page for information to learn more about:
- Request cancellations
- Turn-around time for requests
- Accessing electronic documents
- Picking up physical materials
- Loan periods and extensions
- Returns and fines