First, be sure to check Library Search to make sure Emory does not own the item. If you need help determining this, please Ask a Librarian.
Submit requests electronically via the ILLiad interlibrary loan system.
- When prompted, enter your Emory NetID and Password.
- The first time you use ILLiad, you will be prompted to complete a registration form.
- From the Create New Request menu on the top of the page, select the type of request you wish to submit.
- For required fields please include:
- Complete and accurate information about the item requested; please do not use abbreviations.
- Source of your citation, i.e., where information about an item may be verified.
NOTE: You must submit a separate request for each item.
We will notify you by email when your requested material is available.
Rush processing can be provided for a limited number of requests in cases of urgent need. If you require ILL materials in less than one week, please do the following:
- Contact ILL staff regarding the feasibility of rush processing for your request(s) prior to or immediately after submitting it/them.
- Enter RUSH in the Notes field of the request form.
Please see our Policies and Procedures page for information to learn more about:
- Request cancellations
- Turn-around time for requests
- Accessing electronic documents
- Picking up physical materials
- Loan periods and extensions
- Returns and fines